Wednesday, September 28, 2016

White Bean Smoked Ham Bone Soup

Tuesday September 27, 2016 Menu


Well my day started by going to Sam's Club at 7am.  I had not had breakfast.  I went there to exchange an item and pick up some milk.   I passed near the meat section on the way to the milk.  I glanced at the already cooked rotisserie chicken.  I backed my buggy up and said "Hum, I haven't had breakfast yet.  Hot chicken would be good!"  Yep I put in in the buggy and ate some when I got to work.  Sure was better than the oatmeal I was planning on eating.  I went out for work that morning and made it back in time for lunch.  I had a healthy serving of the leftover baby Lima bean soup.  Then on the way home from work at 4pm I grazed on some chewy oatmeal bites I've been wanting to try.   I thought they were OK but I don't think I would be going out of my way to buy them. I had some things to do when I got home and I only got to do 20 minutes of bike exercise.  Which is better than no exercise at all.  For supper my sister had cooked a smoked ham and had the leftover bone with some meat still on it she gave to my mom to use.  This is how us southern people reuse something that should be thrown away.  We used it to season the beans, of course!  What happens is the meat eventually falls off and the flavor's melt in the pot.  Then you just pull out the bone as you see in the photo.  The meat is distributed in the pot.   I ate some leftover Italian bread and butter and called it a day.  I finished the day with a total of 1167 calories for the day.  I was under by 163 calories.  If you like my meal ideas just check out my diary for a list of ingredients for that meal.  And yes! I measured and weighed everything.  A crucial part of everyone's dieting is will power. The second part is portion control with good choices and third is physical activity. 

It's how southern women diet!
Happy Eating
Angell


No comments:

Post a Comment