Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Crock Pot Chicken Rice & Gravy

Tuesday September 6, 2016 Menu



My day started off great, I knew what was for breakfast and lunch.  I entered those meals in the My Fitness Pal.  I had plenty of calories left for the day.  For breakfast I tried this oatmeal with flax seed.  I have to say it held me pretty well.  I was not hungry for a morning snack.  If you are like me and really don't like oatmeal use milk instead of the water to make it.  It tastes sooo much better.  I had my leftover fish for lunch.  I was not sure what was for supper.  I did my 45 minutes of cardio when I got home from work.  My mom had made a crock pot chicken gravy, rice and some steamed broccoli and cauliflower.  I can say it was amazing.  She said it only consisted of chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers and onions.  Amazingly I still had almost 200 calories to spare.  So I treated myself to leftover cake for desert.   Only 1/2 a serving of cake.  I finished the day with a total of 1338 calories for the day.   That is over by 8 calories.    I have to say that is pretty darn good.  I got comfort food of rice and gravy and desert!  If you like my meal ideas just check out my diary for a list of ingredients for that meal.  And yes! I measured and weighed everything.  A crucial part of everyone's dieting is will power. The second part is portion control with good choices and third is physical activity.

It's how southern women diet!

Happy Eating
Angell



No comments:

Post a Comment