Monday, September 5, 2016

Southern Fried Chicken & Onion Rings

Sunday September 4, 2016 Menu



I forgot that this was payday week.  We usually go out to eat.  Last time it was the Katfish Kitchen.  This week is an after church meal of fried chicken and onion rings.  For breakfast I decided to eat a small bowl of cereal.  If you decide to eat cereal for breakfast, try not to eat more than 1 cup and 1/2 cup of milk.  For the fat and calories we are better off eating real food. I was digging on the counter and found this small bag of Golden Grahams that needed to be eaten.  I am the only one in the house that eats that.  Poof, now it's gone.  I will not be buying cereal for a while.  If I do I might just get some bran flakes, might.  Maybe I will get it again when I get the maintain my weight stage.  Right now we are in the loose weight stage.  At this stage the calorie intake is low at 1330 and the exercise is high at 5 days a week.  I entered in my food diary the breakfast and lunch.  I put the chicken at 1 1/2 pieces because it is always a big piece of meat as you see in the photo.  I only had 300 calories left for supper.  I put dibs on the leftover cabbage casserole.  I think I did awesome this day.  I even did several hours of weed eating the yard.  No I didn't put that in my exercise diary.  I don't know if that is exactly the calories burned as shown on My Fitness Pal.  See when I enter in my bicycle and elliptical calories that are on the machine it's always about 100 calories less than the website puts.  I just correct it.   I don't know how to tell how many calories I actually burned, so I don't enter it.  Well my awesomeness wore off when I went to church and the kids had youth group.  They were bragging at how good the Chips Ahoy fudge stuffed cookies were and got talked into trying one.   Ugh that one cookie was 70 calories and put me over my total by 57.    I finished the day with a total of 1387 calories for the day.   Had I not eaten the cookie I would have been under my calories for the day.  I am not going to stress over it because I did do several hours of yard work.  But need to not eat the cookie next time.  Will power, will power, I need to remember to use my will power.  If you like my meal ideas just check out my diary for a list of ingredients for that meal.  And yes! I measured and weighed everything.  A crucial part of everyone's dieting is will power. The second part is portion control with good choices and third is physical activity.
It's how southern women diet!

Happy Eating
Angell


No comments:

Post a Comment