Saturday, September 10, 2016

Turkey Patty with Sautéed Onions and Mushrooms

Friday September 9, 2016 Menu


Well just to let you know,  I succeeded in getting rid of that leftover birthday cake!  Yay.......  Get rid of the temptations that will hinder your dieting.  Don't buy it, don't bake it, don't bring it home, because if your like me you can not sustain from it.  Ok, my day began with my mom cooking me supper for breakfast.  Yep that is what she did.  I got a pan grilled turkey patty with sautéed onion and mushrooms.  Wow!  I did the calculations on that in the My Fitness Pal and those calories were no different than any other breakfast food.  The turkey patty alone was only 250 calories.  I was no way hungry by lunch time.  Actually I didn't eat till 1pm.  So if your going to have a busy day this would be a good option to hold you till your next meal.  This would be a great low calorie option for any meal too.  It only weighed in at 285 calories, it was delicious and filling.  Shoot if I get desperate to loose a few pound quickly I might eat this more often, with a 1/2 cup helping of my baked vegetables that weigh in at 50 calories.  For lunch I ate another slice of my daughters leftover pizza.  It was not very filling and I had to eat a snack.  I choose to finish off my toast chee crackers from the other day.  I went to my friends house that evening for a visit and supper.  I didn't really have much healthy foods to choose from.  I had a choice of either cheese pizza or pepperoni pizza.  Nope, I just had that for lunch.  The other option was a homemade shredded beef sandwich. She had a side of chips or a homemade noodle salad.  I had the sandwich, skipped the chips and had a 1/2 cup helping of her noodle salad, since she made it.  Now looking at my calories I should have just had the sandwich.  OMG the pasta salad was very high in calories at 300.  Between the sandwich and the noodle salad the estimated mayo was 180 calories just by itself.   My friends had my leftover birthday cake and I skipped dessert.  I finished the day with a total of 1663 calories for the day.   That is 333 calories over my goal.   As you see it is hard to calculate your meals when your not in charge of the menu.  So I suggest if you know your going eat out to do like I did and keep the other meals as low in calories that you an tolerate.  Don't starve yourself, because it can have the opposite effect,.  Your body will try and store food.   Like after lunch I was hungry, I could have saved me 110 calories and not eaten the toast chee crackers.  I would have starved because I didn't eat supper till 6:30 pm.  Just eat light snacks or graze on a snack.   I need to go shopping for some grapes again.  I usually measure out 1/2 cup of grapes and pop one in my mouth probably every half an hour till gone.  That usually does very well in keeping my afternoon hunger at bay.  If you like my meal ideas just check out my diary for a list of ingredients for that meal.  And yes! I measured and weighed everything.  A crucial part of everyone's dieting is will power. The second part is portion control with good choices and third is physical activity.
It's how southern women diet!

Happy Eating
Angell

No comments:

Post a Comment