Sunday, September 18, 2016

New Orleans Beignet and Italian Haoagie

Friday September 16, 2016 Menu



When we woke up for our New Orleans trip we know we wanted to eat at Cafe' du Monde.  We spent the day modeling and ended up at the Café where we had our beignet breakfast.  We could of each got an order but we decided to get 2 orders and split it.  We each got 2.  Looking at the calories on the food diary it was a good call.  The 2 I had was 480 calories!  As you can see from the photo that it was loaded with sugar on top of fried bread.  I'm from the south and my daughter had never experienced Cafe' Du Monde.  Her thoughts were "it tastes just like granny's!"  Of course it does I tell her.  We did a lot of walking and touristy things in between.  We took the ferry back to our car and drove back over the river to a old local Italian deli called Stein's Market and Deli.  I was on the hunt for Mortadella baloney.  This family has been here for generations.  So we had to try at least one of their menu items.  My daughter and I split an Italian Hoagie.  It had mortadella, Molinari genoa, Molinari hot coppa, aged provolone, lettuce, tomato, onion on an amoroso hoagie with garlic vinaigrette.   It was GOOD!  I got me some Mortadela to go to make an Italian dish later at home.  We drove back to my family's house and she had supper waiting for us.  She had made shrimp fettuccini.  I fixed me only 1 cup.  I really think I am learning how to portion my meals correctly.   I finished the day with a total of 1121 calories for the day.  I was 89 under my calorie goal.    Another great day!  If you like my meal ideas just check out my diary for a list of ingredients for that meal.  And yes! I measured and weighed everything.  A crucial part of everyone's dieting is will power. The second part is portion control with good choices and third is physical activity.
It's how southern women diet!

Happy Eating
Angell







No comments:

Post a Comment