Thursday, September 8, 2016

Smoked Sausage & Egg Breakfast

Wednesday September 7, 2016 Menu

 

One of our favorite southern breakfast meals is smoked sausage and eggs.  You cut the sausage in chunks and brown on all sides.  Scramble 1 or 2 eggs and stir in the skillet with the sausage till the eggs are done.  It is sooooooooo good.  Well that is what I had this morning.  I put those ingredients in the My Fitness Pal.  Amazingly it was not that high in calories.  It was only 250 calories and a lot of food.  So much that I was not hungry for a snack.  I knew that lunch was my leftover crock pot chicken and had already entered that in my food diary.  The unknown was supper.   I went to exercise at the hospital.  I done 20 minutes of cardio and the rest of my hour doing weight training.  I have been doing the same weight and reps for quite some time.  I increased everything by 1.  Oh how just that one made my muscles work extra hard.   My sister invited us over for rice and gravy.  I portioned me about 3oz of beef, 1/3 cup of rice and 1/3 cup of red beans.  I still felt a little hungry and got a second 1/3 cup of red beans.  I really wish that birthday cake would disappear,  I hate for it to go to waste and i got a half of a half serving lol.  Ugh the will power is weak for chocolate.  That is why I don't buy any junk food.  If it's there I feel obligated to eat it.  Like the time I was hungry for a Little Debbie swiss roll.   I purchased a box from the Dollar Store and ate one package out of the box.  The rest of the box was supposed to spread out through many weeks.  Well the next day I said "oh I can eat just one more", then the next day the same thing etc....  Well by the end of the first week the box was empty.  Now if I crave a swiss roll I just get $.52 out of my wallet and go to the convenient store and just get one.  Then I don't have a box to eat, just the one.  It satisfies my cravings very well.   Maybe that is what you need to do too.  I finished the day with a total of 1305 calories for the day.   That is under my calorie goal.   If you like my meal ideas just check out my diary for a list of ingredients for that meal.  And yes! I measured and weighed everything.  A crucial part of everyone's dieting is will power. The second part is portion control with good choices and third is physical activity.
It's how southern women diet!

Happy Eating
Angell



No comments:

Post a Comment