Monday, September 12, 2016

Baby Lima Bean Soup

Sunday September 11, 2016 Menu


For breakfast I had an egg over easy with one of my moms whole grain slices of bread.  That was one big slice of bread.   Amazingly it was only 20 calories more than a white slice of bread.  Wasn't dry and quite tasty.  It was pretty filling and I did not have to eat a snack.  For lunch a friend gave us a plate lunch from the local fair.  It was roast beef, rice dressing, yams and coleslaw.  I forgot to take a picture.  But the helping was so large I only ate half of my plate.  Even though I ate half it weighed in at 651calories.  Sure was glad I didn't eat the whole plate.  I have enough for a leftover meal this week. If it's still there I will take a picture of the remaining portion, which is still a lot of food.  My mom wanted to have an afternoon snack.  She has been dying for us to try this chocolate coffee energy drink.  We did the recipe counter and a whole drink was almost 300 calories.  Yea that would almost be a meal replacement drink.  We each got 1 little juice glass to taste.  It was quite good, with coffee, peanut butter and cocoa powder.   Luckily we planned a somewhat light supper.   We had soaked some baby Lima beans for a simple soup.  OMG a whole bowl was only 78 calories!  My mother cooked a cornbread to go with it.  Of course I couldn't resist.  I allowed myself at least 1 slice.  Remember if you use canned beans you will not have the same low calorie results.  I finished the day with a total of 1395 calories for the day.   That is only 65 calories over my goal.   I think it went pretty well, considering.  I am thinking of making some more extra low calorie soups to make in advance and freeze for some more extra low calorie meals, without the cornbread of course.   If you like my meal ideas just check out my diary for a list of ingredients for that meal.  And yes! I measured and weighed everything.  A crucial part of everyone's dieting is will power. The second part is portion control with good choices and third is physical activity.

It's how southern women diet!

Happy Eating
Angell


No comments:

Post a Comment