Friday, September 9, 2016

Baked Zucchini Squash and Bell Peppers

Thursday September 8, 2016 Menu



This day was nothing really special.  I knew that most of my meals would be leftovers.  I wanted to eat a large serving of the crock pot pork ribs.  I entered the ribs, the leftover pizza from my daughter's outing and an egg for breakfast.  I had quite a few calories left so I allowed myself a couple of snacks for the day.  I found some yellow squash and zucchini on sale.  I bought a bunch of them.  I figured that would be perfect in case my 5oz of meat I budgeted wasn't enough.   A 1/2 cup of baked veggies was only around 50 calories.  I weighed my meat and realized that 5oz was plenty.  When I was through with my plate, I went back for seconds just on the veggies.  Oh how great they were.  See you dice up all your veggies as seen in the photo.  I use an olive oil seasoning that I make to lightly coat them.  I cut up around 4 zucchini's, 4 squash and 3 bell peppers.  I tossed the whole thing with about 3 tablespoons of the olive oil mix (Mix now available @  http://happyhousebunkie.blogspot.com/2017/01/olive-oil-seasoning-blend.html ).  Bake at 450 for 35-40 minutes.   When done, take out of the oven and lightly salt and pepper it.  That's it!  Yuuuuumy.    I checked my calories at the end of the day and realized I still had a few more calories I could have.  So I had a half of a half serving of the leftover turtle cake.  I finished the day with a total of 1392 calories for the day.   That is 62 calories over my goal.   Damn that turtle cake.   See if your like me, make the temptation go away!  It really does need to go away.  Its just so darn delicious.  Ugh..........   I have a girl get together Friday night.  If the cake is still there it's coming with me.  I need help eating this cake!  If you like my meal ideas just check out my diary for a list of ingredients for that meal.  And yes! I measured and weighed everything.  A crucial part of everyone's dieting is will power. The second part is portion control with good choices and third is physical activity.
It's how southern women diet!

Happy Eating
Angell



No comments:

Post a Comment