Sunday, September 4, 2016

Crock Pot Pork Spare Ribs


Saturday September 3, 2016 Menu


This day was the last of my very busy week.  Busy it was.  Thank goodness we had lots of crock pot meals to eat.  This Saturday was no different.  I was going shopping with a friend and we were supposed to leave at 9am and return by 2:30 am.  I started my day with eating 2 eggs over easy with toast.  Oh how I love to eat that.  I entered it into My Fitness Pal.  The rest of the day I had to guestimate since I can't search items on my phone.  This is how the 1,330 calorie diet can go seriously wrong.  Especially if you don't plan like me to have some healthy meal alternatives and healthy snacks to have on hand.  I put my crock pot pork spare ribs on to cook.   I just put a lot of seasoning and spices together and made like a rub on it.  I couldn't find any ground mustard in my cabinet.  I used regular mustard instead, that's the yellow stuff you see on top.  I left and went to her house by 9am.  By the time we got things together to go out of town shopping it was 11:30.  There was talks of shopping first and then getting a bite to eat.  I seriously needed a snack to hold me over.  So I grabbed 6 club crackers and headed out the door.  We went shopping.  We had lunch around 2pm.  Yea I would have died if I didn't have a snack.  We ate at Sam's Club deli.  Choices, to many unhealthy choices.  I decided to just pick something I was hungry for.  The winner was a 3 meat pizza.  It was hot and fresh.  We made it back home around 5pm.  I had a few errands to do before I could finish my day.  I left her house and started my errands. I had some cleaning to do, grass to cut and groceries to unload before I could eat supper.  At my cleaning chore I dug around for something healthy to eat.  All I could find was a huge variety bag of chips.  Yea I got one.  I finished my work, cut some grass.  The sun was still shining and I cut some more grass.  Then I seen more grass to cut and kept going till I had most of it done.  I still have some to do as I have almost 3 acres to cut.  It was dark by this time.  I sat down to eat my crock pot ribs at 8:30 pm.  I was to tired to fix any sides with it.   I just placed me a large helping on the plate and measured 1 cup of milk to drink with it.  I weighed the whole plate with the ribs on it.  After I ate, I weighed the plate with the bones.  I subtracted the weight and I had eaten 9oz of meat.  Oh my!  No turning back now.  The food is already being processed in my belly.  I pondered if I should even waste my time to see how many calories I had consumed.  But, yes I do.  That way tomorrow I can adjust and maybe counter act the damage from today.  I entered my snack, then the pizza and finished with the pork and milk.  OH MY!   I went over my calories by 590 calories for a total of 1920 calories for the day.  I so did not want this to be my cheat day.  I have me and my mom's birthday coming up on Monday and I wanted that to be my cheat day.  Ugh......... I had a lot of exercise that probably made it ok.  There is no real way to estimate the calories I did burn from shopping, cleaning and cutting grass.   I never enter those estimated calculations in the My Fitness Pal program.   For my weight loss I like to keep my calories at the 1330 total with or without exercise anyway.   I've got some serious dieting choices to do the next couple of days to fix this awful meal of a day.  If you like my meal ideas just check out my diary for a list of ingredients for that meal.  And yes! I measured and weighed everything.  A crucial part of everyone's dieting is will power. The second part is portion control with good choices and third is physical activity.
It's how southern women diet!

Happy Eating
Angell



No comments:

Post a Comment