Monday, September 26, 2016

Braided Italian Bread with Black Eye Pea Soup and Taco's

Sunday September 25, 2016 Menu


I have a lot to talk about in this diary.  From last Saturday I haven't been making good choices.  I ate out a little too much.  I had too much junk food for snacks .  Since Thursday I ate some healthier option snacks the last couple of days.  I have been busy a lot this week and I haven't lost any weight.  I actually gained 2 pounds according to Wednesday's weigh in.  I think it's because I have not been eating a snack when I was hungry.  Since Thursday I ate snacks when I felt hungry.    I use a scale at home that is 2 pounds heavier than the hospital scale.  According to my home scale I lost the 2 pounds I had gained and it appears I lost 2 more for a total of 4 pounds since Thursday.  I will do an official weigh in on Monday to let you know if this appears to be true. 

I had way to many morning chores like feeding the animals, cleaning the fish tank, watering the plants and garden.  I picked a super quick meal of cool whip cake.  Yea I just hate for it to go to waste.   Also, I figured I would be getting real hot and hot food may not be what I needed this morning.  For lunch I had homemade black eye pea soup.  Remember in the past I made bacon in the oven and saved the grease for later cooking's.  Yep my black eye pea soup is made with some of that leftover bacon grease.  We use the grease to sauté the onions in.  We ate that with some homemade braided Italian bread.  Yep bread, I love bread, bread with butter and warm.  Ugh....... I love bread.  After lunch I spent a couple of hours spring cleaning one of my rooms in the house.  When we were done my daughter made us some coffee for an evening snack.   I had just one cup.  Then later I went to church and someone at church said they specifically made US some coffee.  So not to be rude I had another cup of coffee.  For supper we had taco night.  As you see I did not skimp on the meat nor the toppings.  Before the sun went down I went and cut a little grass.

I want to talk about those taco's.  My mom made it with ground turkey.  I put all those ingredients in my diary.  Through conversation my mom wanted to know how much fat and calories the turkey saved me.  I said let's see.  So I entered the usual ground meat I buy from Sam's which is the 90/10 grade.  Well look at what I see.  The turkey is 173 calories and 13g of fat.  The 90/10 ground meat has 150 calories and 8g of fat.  Then later I also compared the 80/20 ground meat and it had 210 calories and 18g of fat.  We were surprised to see that the low fat ground meat we usually get was actually a little more heathier than the turkey.  We also saw that the turkey and the low fat ground meat was healthier than the higher fat ground meat.  So depending on what you have money for either get the turkey or the 90/10 grade of ground meat. 

I finished the day with a total of 1438 calories for the day.  I was over by 108 calories.  I am hoping all that work I did today off set those extra calories.   If you like my meal ideas just check out my diary for a list of ingredients for that meal.  And yes! I measured and weighed everything.  A crucial part of everyone's dieting is will power. The second part is portion control with good choices and third is physical activity. 

It's how southern women diet!
Happy Eating
Angell








No comments:

Post a Comment