Sunday, September 11, 2016

Shrimp Gumbo & Pan Grilled Catfish

Saturday September 10, 2016 Menu


I wanted to finish cutting grass so I fixed me a egg and smoked sausage breakfast.  I worked out side all the way to lunch.  For lunch I had some catfish we didn't finish cooking,  I pan grilled it and topped it with some of the leftover crawfish etouffee.  Ohhh yummy.  Just the fish is only 216 calories for a large catfish fillet.  Add some of my oven roasted veggies at 1/2 cup for only 50 calories and you have yourself a very low calorie meal.  But I had some awesome crawfish etoufee instead.  lol   I had an afternoon coffee.  My meals went pretty well today.  My sister called and they had made an awesome shrimp gumbo.  I ate about 2 cups of gumbo and only put 1/3 cup of rice.  Remember keep it light.  You don't need shrimp rice and gravy from eating to much rice.  That gumbo was way under 300 calories.  The southern seafood gumbo's are lower in calories compared to traditional chicken and sausage.  The chicken we cook with the skin on and the sausage has some calories.  When making a chicken and sausage gumbo we usually skim the grease off the top before plating up our food.  With a seafood gumbo there is really no need to do that.   When my day ended I finally got to tally up my calories in the My Fitness Pal diary.  I had a whole lot of calories left.  I treated myself to some ice cream and chocolate syrup.  What an end to the day.  I finished the day with a total of 1125 calories for the day.   That is 205 under my calorie goal.   If you like my meal ideas just check out my diary for a list of ingredients for that meal.  And yes! I measured and weighed everything.  A crucial part of everyone's dieting is will power. The second part is portion control with good choices and third is physical activity.
It's how southern women diet!

Happy Eating
Angell



No comments:

Post a Comment