Saturday, September 24, 2016

Shrimp and Crab Gumbo

Friday September 23, 2016 Menu


I wanted breakfast and I wanted it to be something like breakfast, but not.  So what did I choose?  Yep as you can see a BLT sandwich.  Well of course I entered in those foods in my diary after I ate breakfast.  Oh my! Between the coffee and the BLT I already used 500 of my calories.  I really need to find a sugar blend that I like.  I don't like fake sugar and that Domino Stevia sugar blend was better than other fake sugars I have tried.  I was digging in the cabinet today looking for some spices and I found a Truvia sugar blend in the cabinet.  I will try that one in the morning.  In the mean time I have to watch my calories for the day.   I felt hungry before lunch and ate a GO Big yogurt.  I firmly believe that if we feel a little hungry to eat a bite of something.  For lunch I brought the leftover Lima bean soup.   Then around 3:30 I kept looking at a little bag of sugared popcorn.  Ugh....... I ate it of course.  My sister invited us over for supper.  Oh my am I going to ruin my diet?  Well when I got there she had hamburgers and shrimp and crab gumbo.   I sat down for a moment to figure out what I was going to do.  I got it!  I would eat the hamburger patty and eat the gumbo.  Oh was that seafood gumbo good.  Ok I got home and figured out my calories.  I finished the day with a total of 1293 calories for the day.  That put me under by 37 calories.  Looking at my daily diet, it could have been a really bad day.  I did good choosing the low calorie bean soup for lunch.  I did excellent not making a hamburger.  See if I had the hamburger I would have added cheese, mayonnaise and bread to it.  I am learning to make good choices.   But, lawd I can't wait till I am in the maintaining stage so I can have snacks guilt free.  lol  If you like my meal ideas just check out my diary for a list of ingredients for that meal.  And yes! I measured and weighed everything.  A crucial part of everyone's dieting is will power. The second part is portion control with good choices and third is physical activity. 

It's how southern women diet!

Happy Eating
Angell



No comments:

Post a Comment