Friday, October 7, 2016

The Lightest I've Been In 15 Years or More

Thursday October 6, 2016 MENU

Well today marks the first day in probably over 15 years that I have weighed less than 200 pounds.  I know if you have counted calories now or in the past that it can be hard.  You probably have said I'm tired of tracking, I'm tired of watching what I eat, I'm tired of trying and tired of gaining weight.  Well I am here to tell you that your weight did not come on overnight.  It will not come off overnight.  See as my blog started, this day is the first time in 15 years or more I weighed under 200!  You have to work at it, you have to change the firing pins in your brain and unlearn all those years of BAD eating habits.  You have to learn how to eat.  If you don't learn how to eat  you will never keep off the weight.  To learn you have to count calories, watch what you eat and track your food.  Then use what you have learned during your weight loss to keep the weight off for a lifetime.  See I have tried many many many ways to lose weight.  But as I have found out it DOES matter what you eat, how you eat and how much of it you eat, that really counts.  You can take your diet pills, do your Atkins diet, buy your expensive prepackaged meals, etc.....  Well once you stop those things the weight WILL COME BACK.  That is because you haven't really learned to eat with the foods that are available to you.  See like in my area of the world, smoked meats are plentiful and flavorful.  You can't buy that in Arizona.  I am learning how to eat.  I have eaten several foods many times now and I can tell you right off my brain how many calories it has and what the portion size looks like.  I have in my brain that I am going to learn how to eat for a lifetime and keep it off.  Well for my meal on this day I winged it.  I wanted to see how well I could do without using my food diary to keep track of my calories until the end of the day.  I still measured and weighed my food.  For breakfast I had an egg with a piece of toast and butter.  For lunch I ate some leftover white beans and ham.  For a snack I ate 9 of my Pringles chips (which I'm never buying again) and for supper I ate 2 cups of gumbo with 1/3 cup of rice.  At the end of the day I put all my meals in the My Fitness Pal app.  I had only eaten 887 calories for the day.  I did great! My calories were a little low so I treated myself to a glass of cold milk.  I was still under my calories by 323.   If you like my meal ideas just check out my diary for a list of ingredients for that meal.  And yes! I measured and weighed everything.  A crucial part of everyone's dieting is will power. The second part is portion control with good choices and third is physical activity.

It's how southern women diet!

Happy Eating
Angell

No comments:

Post a Comment